Manager, Head of Infrastructure Programmes (DPO)
3:30 PM From Blue Sky to Real Implementation: Creating a World First 2D and 3D Connected Interactive View of Auckland City
What if you could be able to integrate massive data sets about cities on to one map to look into the future and where investment will be required in 20 years? Well Haydn heads up a team that has created a Smart Growth Portal that has analysed and linked data sets to create a comprehensive 2D map of Auckland cityto guide their decision making well into the future. In this session Haydn will demo the analytics and visualisations the team has created and will discuss how to valuably use the data you already possess. He will also discuss some of the challenges they overcame in this journey and some of the more advanced technology they are using to complement this such as Augmented Reality.
- Creating the Smart Growth Portal- discussing the how to, including the challenges and the benefits
- Demo the Smart Growth Portal and see it in action to understand the value proposition
- Looking forwards to the future and how to incorporate more innovative tech to complement how effective it can be
This session allows you to discuss among your peers the impacts of open government on the public sector and ensuring that you understand how this will drive value and achieve a sustainably more transparent, more accountable, and more responsive government to citizens.
- What is Open Government and understanding the importance of sharing data and opening data up in an effective manner
- What are leaders in Open Government doing and what is the standard that Australians should strive for?
- Best practice for the Australian Government and practical steps for implementation